Picked up a MacMini today. It’s a terrific little computer. I got the 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, which sells for $694. I’ll dedicate it to be used for Quickbooks and a couple of other programs. With a terabyte of storage and 8 Gigs of RAM, it will serve us well.
But what really has me excited is the awesome monitor I’m using with it: The 28-inch ViewSonic VX2858Sml. At $249 it is an amazing deal. Especially since I was seriously considering a 27-inch Apple Cinema Display. That baby costs just under $1,000.
This new ViewSonic is stunning, offering Full HD 1080p and something they call SuperClear Pro Technology with true 8-bit colors and 3,000:1 native contrast ratio. As I was setting it up and finding the perfect spot on my desktop, I couldn’t help but notice that it delivers superior color performance with excellent color reproduction at nearly any viewing angle.
It’s one of the cleanest, crispest computer monitors I have ever used and it is available on Amazon at the best price I’ve ever seen for a monitor that full-featured.
Here’s the stats:
- HDMI x2 and VGA inputs for flexible connectivity with gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, PCs, digital cameras, and more
- Supports MHL mobile audio/video interfaces for mobile device charging and sharing mobile device content on a larger screen
- SuperClear Pro technology with true 8-bit colors, a 3000:1 static contrast ratio, and a 50M:1 MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio for excellent screen performance
- Full HD 1080p for all high-definition multimedia applications
- Proprietary View Mode feature includes Game, Movie, Web, Text, and Mono presets that enhance viewing experience for different scenarios
- Flicker-Free and Blue Light Filter technology for more comfortable viewing
- 3-year limited warranty and one of the industry’s best pixel performance policy for peace of mind